Peppermint Falls, North Pole
While you may think that spotting Santa in the North Pole is an easy task. We can assure you it isn’t always so simple, not even for the team here at I Spot Santa. On location here in Peppermint Falls, North Pole and we have been waiting to hear those sleigh bells.
It is so pretty here in Peppermint Falls. As you can see even the waterfall is frozen solid. We are also happy to report. That field reporter Kent Cook has confirmed that the Peppermint Falls are NOT made out of real peppermint candies.
We know that while Santa does live here, Santa is also a very busy man. He is always working to make Christmas special and flying around the world to deliver gifts to good children.
We stationed ourselves at Peppermint Falls because it is so close to Santa’s Village. However, Santa’s Village can only be found by those that Santa wants to find his village. And they can only see it for a short period of time. He can’t give away too many secrets about the magic of Christmas!
While we’ve been waiting up here at Peppermint Falls, we have learned a lot about the North Pole!
Did you know…
- There is no land at the North Pole! It is literally all ice. Luckily, this ice is about 9 feet thick which is how Santa can build his home there!
- When you are standing in the North Pole, any way you look is always pointing South! It was a little confusing for Kent Cook, but him and his compass eventually figured it out.
- The North Pole is really far away from everything else! In fact, the next closest piece of land is about 700 miles away! That’s a lot of flying for the reindeer!
- The sun is always up in the summer here. In fact, The sun rises in March and doesn’t set until September. Talk about a really long day and a really long night!
- There are no penguins in the North Pole, but there are a lot of polar bears. In fact, we’ve met quite a few and they are very nice!
The good news is, all of our waiting really paid off here at Peppermint Falls. As you can see in our picture above.
At the North Pole Santa was Spotted
We saw Santa take off from his village to take a quick joy ride around the North Pole. After all, Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen and Rudolph all need their exercise. This way they can stay in shape for the big night on Christmas Eve. We think this is what Santa was doing when we captured him flying around Peppermint Falls.
We will continue to scout out Peppermint Falls and update you on all of our Santa spotting here in the North Pole. Stay tuned for more accounts of Santa!