Looking for the perfect companion on a cold winter night? Sadly all of our Video Elves are busy helping us spot Santa Claus or they would make the perfect companion for a long talk this evening. Luckily we have this recipe of the best soft & chewy Snickerdoodle Cookies here. This six step Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe is easy to follow and has pictures for each step to make your process easier. The smell of cinnamon and warm cocoa nearby is exactly what you need on a cold winter night.
You’re only 25 minutes away from enjoying these snickerdoodle treats, so get to work on your Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe. When you are done with your cookies, let us know how you and Santa Claus liked them in the comments below and have a Very Merry Christmas!
15 minutes prep time + 8-10 minutes cooking time
- Butter – 1 cup ( 240 gr\7 oz)
- Eggs – 2 pieces
- Sugar – 1 1\2 cups ( 300 gr \ 10 oz)
- Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Flour – 2 3\4 cups ( 330 gr\ 11 oz)
- Cream of tartar – 2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon – 2 tsp
Directions – Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe
1. Mix butter and sugar together, to make a nice creamy paste. Leaving the butter out of the fridge a half an hour before mixing will make it easier.
- 2. Add both eggs to the butter mixture and blend together.
- 3. Next add the cream of tartar and mix.
- 4. Add flour and baking soda and mix.
- 5. Mix 2 tbsp of sugar with 2 tsp of cinnamon. Roll dough into 1” balls then roll the balls in the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place the balls on a baking sheet with baking paper.
- 6. Place the cookie sheet into the oven for 8 minutes (softer cookies) or 10 minutes (firmer cookies) at 400 degree F/200 degrees C. Space the cookies at least 1 1/2″ apart on the sheets then flatten the snickerdoodles to about 3/8″ thick. Enjoy your Snickerdoodle Cookies!